Aerial Art Studio
Aerial Arts Training has been inspired by many, including Joseph H. Pilates of the Pilates Method, Juliu Hovarth of Gyrotonics, Anti - Gravity founder Christopher Harrison, a former Gymnast and Broadway Choreographer, and many others. The method involves performing a series of exercises inspired by aerial acrobatics, Pilates, Gyrotonics, Yoga and Suspension Fitness in a hammock - like apparatus, in order to achieve a total body workout.
The term Aerial Arts refers to 3600 (360 degrees) training that uses a system which allows participants to work against their own body weight. TRX Suspension Fitness included in Body Art’s Aerial Arts Studio adds yet another dimension to this genre of training.
Benefits Of Aerial Arts Training
There are multiple benefits to Aerial Arts Training. The participant achieves a slim, toned body, strengthening and increased mobility and flexibility. Complete mental relaxation and a flat, toned core, improved circulation, increased proprioceptive awareness, improved eyesight and hearing, improved balance and control and a strong, healthy back are amongst the many benefits this fabulous workout offers. It’s about integrated mind-body-spirit wholeness.
Working in a hammock! Exciting isn't it?
The excitement unfolds when the participant experiences turns, twists, complete body stretching, front and back inversions, flips & tricks, swings, which help in developing strength, balance, increased flexibility, core stability, proprioceptive awareness and more, simultaneously.
In class, you monitor your own resistance, so each class is as hard as or as easy as you choose it to be.
Not necessarily. Aerial Arts is easier than it seems because the Hammock and the TRX support you entirely in your poses. However, it is easiest for someone who maintains a consistent fitness regime and has a reasonably strong core.
Provided one is not pregnant, does not have glaucoma, any recent surgeries or had botox done within 6 hours, and barring any physical abnormalities, anyone who can do 3 consecutive sit ups can do Aerial Arts Training. It is recommended that you consult your doctor and get a medical clearance before giving the class a try.
The difference between fear and excitement is relaxation. In Aerial Arts we bring ourselves to presence before we begin class. Remember that during an inversion in the Hammock you are only 1- 3 inches off the ground. Keep in mind that frankly, 'There is nothing to Fear but Fear Itself'.
During an inversion in the Hammock you are only 1-3 inches off the ground. During most of the moves you are distributing your weight between the hammock and the floor, providing many points of lock - in for you.
Wear workout gear which covers the armpits (Â½ sleeves) and the legs. Sports tops are also fine if you feel comfortable in the same. Cotton or cotton blended fabric is best (non slippery). Clothes shouldn't be too loose for guys. Remember, you will be upside down. Bottoms: if wearing tights, make certain they are opaque (non-see through). If wearing tracks, tight around cuff of legs is best. NO socks, shoes, pointed hair clips or jewelry!
This workout has fabulous results when done once (or twice, at best) a week, in combination with Gym/ Pilates Hub/ Aerobics/ Aqua Aerobics, increasing strength, endurance, flexibility, functional capacity, stamina, agility, mind power, mental strength, a slim body, strong core, back and limbs, and more.
- Hammock (with Suspension handles)
- TRX Suspension Equipment
- Aids such as Hip Flexor Cushions, etc.
- Fully equipped Aerial Arts Studio
- Attached changing room and toilet Showers
- Lockers (no extra cost)
- Valet parking
- Basic recommended dietary guidelines
About Weight Loss
The right way in which to lose weight is not by dieting, but by eating the right kinds of food, coupled with the right amount of exercise. Diets (& especially crash diets) are not only ineffective, but can also be extremely harmful.
Recommended Dietary Changes (Healthy) food for thought...
- Remove the skin from chicken, fish & meat before cooking. These skins contain a high level of fat.
- Did you know that it takes your brain 20 minutes to realize that your stomach is full? So, if you eat slowly, putting your fork down after each bite, you'll become full after eating less food.
- Eat out of a smaller plate- you'll tend to feel you're eating more than you really are!
- Cut down on milk & milk products such as yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, ice cream, fresh cream, etc. If you must consume the same, make sure they are made of "No fat" milk, which is easily available.
- Eat more carbohydrates. Ideally, 58% of our daily food intake should be in the form of carbohydrates, but mostly in the form of fruits & vegetables. Consume less starch, e.g. rice, bread, potatoes, chapattis, & pasta. Switch to unpolished rice, wholemeal or multigrain bread, chapattis made of nachni, johar or bajra flour (not white or wheat flour). Consume only one starch per meal, not more.
- Avoid fried foods. Use cooking methods such as boiling, baking, steaming & grilling instead.
- Keep these foods in check: butter, mayonnaise, whipped cream, cakes, chocolates, desserts, salad dressing, Indian sweets.
- It's interesting to know that by cutting down on fats & increasing your carbohydrates, you can eat more food without increasing your caloric intake! This is because: 1 gram of fat= 9 calories, whereas 1 gram of carhohydrates= 4 calories.
- Cut down on meats. Most of us eat 2- 3 times more protein than our bodies require.
- Cut down on aerated drinks. Avoid juices. Drink more plain, room temperature water through the day.
- Avoid alcohol as it is high on calories. 1 ounce has about 200 calories.
- Eat to the extent where you are satisfied, but not stuffed! Most of us have this tendency to over-eat without even realizing it.
- Of course, changing old habits is not easy, so be patient. Moreover, be honest with yourself.
If you'd like to join us for
- 1 week 2,400
- 2 week 4,800
- 3 week 7,200
- 1 week 6,840
- 2 week 13,680
- 3 week 20,520
- 1 week 13,104
- 2 week 26,208
- 3 week 39,312
- 1 week 25,344
- 2 week 50,688
- 3 week 76,032
- Term fees are to be paid when you come in to fill out your form & enrol or to rejoin, as the case may be. One may not pay the fees and start on the same day; fees must be paid in advance of a member's commencement date.
- Where in Body Art will this class be held?
In the Aerial Art Studio on the ground floor at Body Art, Hughes Road, Mumbai.
|Mon 6:00 - 7:00 pm||Charita|
|Tues - Thurs 7:00 - 8:00 pm||Shweta|
|Fri 9:00- 10:00 am||Greeta / Charita|
|Fri 7:00 - 8:00 pm||Charita|
|Sun 10:00 - 11:00 am*||Charita|
Note: *Sunday 10 -11am New batch will start from 2nd September 2018.
all our timings are open to both men and women.
Where in Body Art will this class be held?
In the Aerial Art Studio on the ground floor at Body Art, Hughes Road, Mumbai.
Upon being a member at the Aerial Art Studio at Body Art, the following will apply to you.
- You will receive an ID Card from your trainer on the day you commence your term, which you will need to produce whenever you take a session. Once the commencement date of your class has been fixed, it cannot be changed for any reason.
You will get most out of the Aerial Art Studio done once (or twice at best). If your goal is to lose weight, combine this with regular aerobic/cardio exercise with a sensible diet which limits calorie intake without depriving you of the essential nutrients you need.
What should I wear?
Wear workout gear which covers the armpits (½sleeves) and the legs. Sports tops are also fine if you feel comfortable in the same. Cotton or cotton blended fabric is best (non slippery). Clothes shouldn't be too loose for guys. Remember, you will be upside down. Bottoms: if wearing tights, make certain they are opaque (non-see through). If wearing tracks, tight around cuff of legs is best. NO socks, shoes, pointed hair clips or jewelry!
- If you would like to have a locker:
- Please read the locker rules carefully.
- Do not leave anything of value in the locker.
- There is no extra charge for a locker. We do charge a deposit for the key, which is refundable (in full), once the key is returned to us. Details are listed in the Locker Rules (which are on the lockers themselves.)
- You may find our shower facilities convenient. Kindly show your ID card to the attendant on duty whenever you would like to shower here.
- Valet parking is available on all days of the week. Please hand over your car key to our valets for everybody’s convenience. Please park all the way in to the second driveway. The first driveway is for building residents only.
- Don’t eat about 1.5 hours before a session. If you’re very hungry, you could eat a light carbohydrate snack such as Fruits, Salad or light sandwiche before you come in, but make sure you keep a gap of at least 1½ hours between your snack and your workout.
- Enrolment can only be for the whole month or for consecutive months. Your sessions can be taken during the term only, and not beyond that. Your sessions cannot be carried forward into the next term.
- Your term is not transferable to anyone else.
- Regular members will be given term priority over wait-listed members. This priority is subject to confirmation and payment of fees for the new term at least a week to 10 days prior to the completion of the current term/commencement of the new term.
- In the case of new students and regular students who are rejoining, fees are payable at least a week-10 days before commencement of the new term.
- There will be no refunds for any reason.
- We will be closed on certain Bank Holidays. These dates will be specified on the Notice Board well in advance.
- Please have you Medical Clearance Form duly completed by you Medical Practitioner and return it to us as soon as possible.
- Any loss arising out of damage to any equipment/property of Body Art caused by an act of any member will be charged to the member against the loss so determined by the Management.