Benefits of Different Health Conditions
Strengthens and relaxes the back.
Reduces the need for Insulin
Increases joint mobility and muscle strength.
Increases Lung Efficiency
Strengthens the muscle supporting the knee, stabilises and strengthens the knee joint by developing the ligaments of the knee.
Reduces High Blood Pressure, Obesity, Stress, High Cholesterol Level and Diabetes
What are the Facilities provided?
- Fully equipped air-conditioned Gym with strength training, cardio equipment
- Changing room available
- Day Lockers (no extra cost)
- Basic recommended dietary guidelines
- Progress is monitored on a periodical basis by the Trainer
- Open 7 days a week
About Weight Loss
The right way in which to lose weight is not by dieting, but by eating the right kinds of food, coupled with the right amount of exercise. Diets (& especially crash diets) are not only ineffective, but can also be extremely harmful.
Recommended Dietary Changes (Healthy) food for thought...
- Remove the skin from chicken, fish & meat before cooking. These skins contain a high level of fat.
- Did you know that it takes your brain 20 minutes to realize that your stomach is full? So, if you eat slowly, putting your fork down after each bite, you'll become full after eating less food.
- Eat out of a smaller plate- you'll tend to feel you're eating more than you really are!
- Cut down on milk & milk products such as yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, ice cream, fresh cream, etc. If you must consume the same, make sure they are made of "No fat" milk, which is easily available.
- Eat more carbohydrates. Ideally, 58% of our daily food intake should be in the form of carbohydrates, but mostly in the form of fruits & vegetables. Consume less starch, e.g. rice, bread, potatoes, chapattis, & pasta. Switch to unpolished rice, wholemeal or multigrain bread, chapattis made of nachni, johar or bajra flour (not white or wheat flour). Consume only one starch per meal, not more.
- Avoid fried foods. Use cooking methods such as boiling, baking, steaming & grilling instead.
- Keep these foods in check: butter, mayonnaise, whipped cream, cakes, chocolates, desserts, salad dressing, Indian sweets.
- It's interesting to know that by cutting down on fats & increasing your carbohydrates, you can eat more food without increasing your caloric intake! This is because: 1 gram of fat= 9 calories, whereas 1 gram of carhohydrates= 4 calories.
- Cut down on meats. Most of us eat 2- 3 times more protein than our bodies require.
- Cut down on aerated drinks. Avoid juices. Drink more plain, room temperature water through the day.
- Avoid alcohol as it is high on calories. 1 ounce has about 200 calories.
- Eat to the extent where you are satisfied, but not stuffed! Most of us have this tendency to over-eat without even realizing it.
- Of course, changing old habits is not easy, so be patient. Moreover, be honest with yourself.
|Monday to Saturday||06:00 am - 10:00 am||05:00 pm - 09:00 pm|
|Sunday||06:00 am - 10:00 am||N / A|
Note: all our timings are open to both men and women.
Consultancy Charges – Rs.2,000/- (Please speak to your Trainer for more information)
- Resident's Guest charges for one session of General Gym will be Rs.100/-
- Resident's Guest charges for one session of General Pilates will be Rs.700/-
- Resident's Guest charges for one session of General Aerial Arts will be Rs.500/-
Please drop into the Gym during working hours for Enrolment. You can fill in and submit your Enrolment form there & then start your fitness journey.
Link Road Opposite The Club, Off, Juhu Ln,
New D. N. Nagar, D.N.Nagar,
Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053
Or call us for enquiries: Tel: 022 6111 6111 / +91 9167008206
- Your Trainer will work out a programme for you depending on your goals & special requirements.
- Day lockers available
- Please bring a towel along to use in the gym for hygienic reasons.
- Foreign Sports Wear is available here.
- Food & beverages should not be brought into the Gym.
- The Gym will be closed on certain Public Holidays. These dates will be specified on the Notice Board well in advance.
- Please have your Medical Clearance Form duly completed by your Medical Practitioner and returned to us as soon as possible.
- Any loss arising out of damage to any equipment / property of Body Art for Rustomjee caused by an act of any member will be charged to the member against the loss as determined by the Management.
- The Management reserves the right to restrict from entry or to remove from the Body Art for Rustomjee premises any person(s) whose continued presence is offensive or unacceptable to other members or to the Management, membership of such person(s) is likely to be terminated.